Jun 17, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge #373

Play along here.

1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season? As an educator, I get my summers off, so no work! I also enjoy swimming at the local pool, but thanks to COVID-19, that's not happening any time soon. Ditto for vacation.

2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now. Labor of love. In a few minutes I'm going to my 92 year old grandmother's house so I can get her out of bed, toileted, fed, and bathed. I've been taking care of her since April 8, which was the day my mom, who is her live in caregiver, fell and broke her leg. I'm filling in until Mom is back on her feet and able to resume all duties. 

3. What's one thing currently causing you to seethe? One thing currently making you smile? Seethe: The three Supreme Court Justices- Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, and Samuel Alito- dissension on banning discrimination against LGBT workers. Smile: conservative Justices Neil Gorsuch and  John Roberts doing the opposite and joining their liberal counterparts in protecting the workplace rights of the LGBT community. Well done, sirs!

4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?

roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee

Do you make an actual list? No. I just let each day happen as it unfolds. 

5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate? I need new living room furniture, so once I find what I'm looking for (no luck so far), I'll splurge on that.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment about our grandson. This certainly isn't the summer that we want! How wonderful of you to help your grandmother. I like your seethe and smile. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in the school system in the office for over 20 years, it was always so nice having the time off in the summers. I hope you enjoy your break even in these crazy times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mum recovers soon. What a wonderful thing you are doing, caring for your grandmother. Hope you have a relaxing summer. Love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your mom's accident, and am so glad you're able to step in and help your grandmother. Our neighborhood pool is open but it's never crowded as most people swim in the lake. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a retired educator so I can so identify with your summers off! How sweet that you are taking care of your grandmother while your mom heals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regarding your comment on my blog, your concerns about using an Instant Pot are similar to what I had, but people assured me this appliance is so much better than the old pressure cookers. I am finding mine to be easy to use and as long as one stays out of the stream of the steam (super easy to do), all is well.

    But frankly speaking, it does tend to make larger amounts of food, so if you are cooking for just one person, it may not really be worth it for you.

    I hope you can find the living room furniture you want. That's a fun investment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your mom will recover soon. How i love seeing photos of you with grandma. Makes me miss mine. I will join you for that sangria Julie whilst watching the sunset at the beach. I just did this hodge podge, love it!!

    ReplyDelete