Jun 15, 2020

Up Yours, Snotty!

I really love starting off the week by getting bitched at by a neighbor.

I was walking Backes and he did what most dogs do while on a walk- he lifted his leg and peed on the first available thing of interest on the street, which happened to be said neighbor’s car tire. We walked a little farther up to the corner, he peed on the stop sign pole and on a clump of weeds, and then we were on our way back home. No sooner were we at the foot of my driveway when the neighbor comes out of the house and down to her car and yells, “Thanks for letting your dog piss on my car! What the hell?” Now, I’ve never had a problem with this woman in the few times we’ve interacted, so I was caught off guard by her nasty attitude. I mean, he peed a little on her damn tire. It’s not like he took a big crap in her yard and I left it there¹. I offered an apology but she kept mumbling obscenities to herself and then drove off.

As pissed as I was, I bought a card and inserted a $20 bill for a car wash, with an apology from Backes. If she can’t get over it, she can shove the money and that card up her fat ass.

¹The kicker? Her dog, an overly aggressive old Chow Chow, has pooped in my yard twice, but do you see me acting like a big jerk over it?

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh you are too kind Julie, if that was me she can bugger off. She thinks her poochie is such a well disciplined one *middle finger to your neighbour*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even think she likes her own dog. She's kept outside on a chain most of the time, even in the excessive heat. If she doesn't watch it, I'm going to report her for cruelty to animals.

      Delete
  2. Well that was very kind of you to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Some times I think I'm too kind.

      Delete
  3. You certainly took the high road on this, Julie, and it shows you are the bigger person to extend the proverbial olive branch. I too was once called out (albeit politely) for letting our dog piddle at the base of a fence - - a fence that was common to the entire condo complex rather than the property of just one particular owner. Offering that woman compensation was very kind of you. And if her dog poops in your yard again, definitely call her out!

    ReplyDelete