Jun 17, 2020

Justice For Makenna

Seven arrested for attack against Chillicothe autistic girl

When I first viewed the video that was circulating yesterday on Facebook, I felt sick to my stomach, and then was filled with anger. As a paraprofessional who works with special needs children, nothing upsets me more than seeing a child being bullied for no reason other than being "different" from his/her peers. My heart about broke when Makenna, tired of being hit, shoved and laughed at, and wanting nothing more than to just walk away, began to cry that she wanted to kill herself. What kind of low life, heartless, sick individual gets pleasure from making another human being feel that way?

As hard as the video was the watch, some good did come from it. The seven perpetrators, all in their mid-to-late teens, were identified and were arrested for aggravated battery and mob action. Their parents must be SO proud. Asshole kids like that lot make me fear for when I'm elderly and they're running things. Jesus take the wheel.

The best remedy for such ignorance and cruelty? Require each member of the guilty party to perform community service by working with autism/special needs individuals. They need to come out of their sheltered little bubbles and see that the people who make up the special needs population are just like us: they struggle and get frustrated; they experience joy and happiness; they have fears and get scared; they have likes and dislikes; they know how to love; and, get ready for it, THEY HAVE FEELINGS.

2 comments:

  1. BLOODY HELL!!!!! When you see adults doing this, it makes you think what sort of upbringing are they from?!! I swear if any child/adult hurt my daughter, there will be no safe haven for those MOFOs. I feel sorry for Makenna..i never saw the viral video and if i do i dont have the stomach to see it. I will be full of tears ..angry tears. another thing that i dont understand is the person recording and have the gall to even post it ..ASSHOLES ASSHOLES ..can they just go straight to jail?! What happen to Makenna now?

    RYC : Thanks for your comment Julie. It lifts my spirits up. No ass to kick actually because i chose to be silent now. Like how ive been given silence ..i return the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see the video and just your description made me want to cry because my son was in special ed. Kids were mean to him and it made him get tough to survive. His sweet nature changed him forever. There is so much hate out there and I have to pray I can be loving and be an example, especially to my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete