Jun 7, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Would You Rather Edition

Play along here!

* Would you rather work in a group or work alone?
This sounds odd coming from a loner like me, but I'd rather work in a group, with one caveat: every member of the group must do his/her assigned task. I've been in groups before where I have done the brunt of the work while my co-workers sat back and did nothing. As annoying as that can be, I'd still miss the camaraderie of being around people. 

* Would you rather be stuck on an island alone or with someone who talks incessantly?
I'd rather be with someone who talks incessantly, as long as the island is big enough for me to have my own quiet hideaway. I don't want to end up like Tom Hanks in Cast Away, talking to a volleyball.

* Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. It's much easier to layer clothes and snuggle under blankets than it is to cool off.

* When you’re old, would you rather die before or after your spouse?
I'm not married, but if I was, I'd rather go first.

* Would you rather have a cook or a maid?
A cook, please. I kind of enjoy cleaning. It's therapeutic.

* Would you rather be the youngest or the oldest sibling?
I'm the oldest sibling and I'm definitely okay with that.

* Would you rather get rich through hard work or through winning the lottery?
I'd rather get rich through hard work. Winning the lottery would bring a lot of people out of the woodwork, acting phony around me in the hopes that I'd give them money. No thanks.

* Would you rather have a 10-hour dinner with a headstrong politician from an opposing party, or attend a 10-hour concert for a music group you detest?
The headstrong politician. As long as there's food and alcohol, I can sit there, smile, and let his/her word diarrhea go in one ear and out the other.

* Would you rather be an Olympic gold medalist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner?
Nobel Peace Prize, for sure. I'd like to contribute something helpful to the people of the world. 

* Would you rather have a desk job or an outdoor job?
A desk job. I'm not a fan of being outdoors for longer than I have to be. Especially in the summer, being a redhead who burns rather quickly.


* Would you rather live at the top of a tall NYC apartment building or at the top of a mountain?
The NYC apartment. There'd be more to do in the city than on top of a mountain.

* Would you rather have Rambo or The Terminator on your side?
The Terminator, only because he'd be harder for our enemies to destroy.

* Would you rather be proposed to in private or in front of family and friends?
Private. I hate being the center of attention and would much rather keep the intimate moment between myself and my partner.

* Would you rather have to sew all your clothes or grow your own food?
I'd love to be able to sew my own clothes. My paternal grandmother and great-grandmother could sew like professionals, but that gene unfortunately skipped me.


* Would you rather hear the good news or the bad news first?
Get the bad news out of the way first.  Why have good news ruined seconds later by the bad?

* Would you rather be your own boss or work for someone else?
It would depend on the work. 


* Would you rather have nosy neighbors or noisy neighbors?
I've had both and much prefer the nosy over the noisy.

* Would you rather be on a survival reality show or dating game show?
Neither! Especially the survival reality show. Have you seen Naked and Afraid? Why the hell would anyone voluntarily sign up for that experience?

* Would you rather be too busy or be bored?
Too busy. 


* Would you rather watch the big game at home or live at the stadium.
Live at the stadium. Sure, you get a front row seat watching the game at home, but nothing can compare to being among your fellow fans, feeding off their energy and excitement. Or having someone to commiserate with if your team isn't doing so hot.

* Would you rather spend the day with your favorite athlete or you favorite movie star?
My favorite movie star. Tom Hiddleston, I'm talking to you.

* Would you rather live where it is constantly winter or where it is constantly summer?
Ugh! Can't I have constant autumn? Okay fine, I choose constant summer. I hate bugs, but I'd rather deal with them than driving on ice and snow covered roads.

* Would you rather travel the US and see the sights in a motor home or by plane?
The motor home. I'd love to travel the US in this manner after I retire. That is, if I get to retire.

* Would you rather be a little late or way too early?
Early. Lateness is one of my many pet peeves.

* Would you rather have an unlimited gift certificate to a restaurant or a clothing store?
The clothing store. I shouldn't get in the habit of eating out. Plus, I'm kind of paranoid about unfamiliar people preparing my food.


* Would you rather date someone you met online or go on a blind date?
That's a tough one. I'd rather be introduced to someone via a friend, even if that hasn't always worked out.

5 comments:

  1. You're the second one I've read who mentioned "Naked and Afraid." I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of our answers are similar! We don't want to be on either reality show, would prefer the bad news first, and would prefer the high rise apartment over the mountain. We both even burn easily!

    PS Did you get your avatar from a Mad Men site? I used to have one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THIS is one of the posts I miss reading back in the the olde Xanga days. You always gave ideas and inspirations on what to post. LOVE IT ..miss your blogs Julie. Welcome back to the world of blogging. Will comment more tomorrow whilst Isabella has her online classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i rather work in a group to be honest. I cant work alone, i get bored easily. Although i dont like to be annoyed nor feel that someone is stealing my ideas and taking all the credit i still like to be in a group its the whole camaraderie as you say.
    I think I like to be with someone who talks but i will put a stop to the incessantly LOL i like to be in between hot and cold ...I would say after my spouse hehehehe I RATHER COOK!! cooking is therapeutic and with the whole bloody lockdown i got more adventurous in what i cook and my husband is happy to see curry on the table again LOL and chilli con carne. Im happy to be the middle sibling. I like to get rich through hard work really but if i win the lottery i am more than happy to accept and give my middle finger to those who all of a sudden appeared from the boondocks.

    LOL ..i like your answer to the headstrong politician..i say NONE to either ..i rather enjoy my food and wine in peace. Nobel Prize for me too hon if i know what i contribute to the world helps i can die in peace and happiness. Neither jobs im tired of sitting behind the desk and i am so not an outdoors one ..i would love to be teacher for the little ones (STILL!)
    NYC Apartment for me too ..lets be neighbours!Terminator for me
    IN PRIVATE for me too LOL
    I would love to sew my own clothes and now with isabella around i wish i learned that skill from both my mom and my late grandma...my mom has no patience in teaching me lol not even in crochet cos im a leftie and shes a rightie
    Good news first is the best actually wait bad news so the good news can make me happy after that .. I have now done both as a boss and working for someone else .. i like to be my own as I can understand my workers and draw a line to it.

    NONE to those 2 types of neighbours. I already have enough with inconsiderate neighbours who think its ok to have their cigarette butts to land in my balcony.I rather be busy. Watch a game from home ..cant do with stadiums ...and ive got such a foul mouth when it comes to games.
    My favorite movie star for me too but i have too many so i cant choose ARGH...can i choose autumn? I cant stand summer cos where im at its pretty much summer ..i love winter but not too cold.
    I am an early person i dont like to be late either. A CLOTHING STORE!!!!!!!! None of those i met someone online before and it never worked out ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bev Sykes: You must check out Naked and Afraid! The contestants are out of their minds for volunteering for that. I wouldn't last one hour lol!

    @The Gal Herself: Yes! My avatar was from Mad Men yourself. Good eye!

    @Tima: You have a foul mouth when it comes to watching games too?!? Oh honey, you're my sister from another mister. You should hear me when I'm watching Blues hockey lmao.

    Thanks so much for sharing your answers with me. I love learning new things about my friends. And thank you so much for the compliment! So happy we were on Xanga together.

    ReplyDelete