Jun 13, 2020

The Saturday Nine

Saturday 9: The Rain, The Park, and Other Things (1967)

Play along here!


1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings? Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Michael, otherwise known as The Jackson 5.


2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song? There are so many to choose from, but lately it's been Salesman.



3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it? Not during its' popularity. I watched it when it was part of the nightly line up on Nick At Nite.

4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now? Just a half dead violet in my kitchen window. It hasn't flowered since January, but the petals look somewhat healthy, so I don't have the heart to throw it out just yet.

5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had. Last night I dreamt that I was back in high school and had to take a horrendous algebra test. When I saw how complicated the first problem was, I started to panic, and then just sat there frozen while everyone around me breezed through the answers. I felt like an idiot.

6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk? Almond milk. 

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family? I prefer hotels. I like the privacy.

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future? No and no.

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish? Extremely! When getting pedicures, I have to restrain myself from accidentally kicking the technician because I'm squirming in the chair and laughing so much.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, your algebra dream made me tense. That was my high school math experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that dream would be a nightmare for me. Math was my worse subject! I bet it was such a relief waking up from that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! The math dream would be the worst. I hated math in school. I like almond milk, too, when I have milk. I like the chocolate for a treat and vanilla is really yummy on cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nightmare was my high school algebra reality. And it was AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete