Jun 9, 2020

Tuesday 4: All That Glitters


Play along here.

1. Everyone has a birth stone and a birth flower. What are yours?

Amethyst and Violets for February. So much purple!


2. Gold glitters and California is the Golden State.  What is your state called?





3. "All that glitters is not gold' goes the old saying. Do you have a favorite saying or biblical verse you will share with us?

That's me in a nutshell. I refuse to give up on a problem or task until I solve it.



 4.Glittery greeting cards or plain? Which is your preference?

I really don't have a preference, but if I had to choose, I'd pick plain, because most of the funny cards are plain (I tend to gravitate towards humorous cards, unless it's a somber occasion) I'm ashamed to admit this, but the first thing I check is the cost. I hate spending money on items that most people will end up tossing in the garbage. 

5 comments:

  1. I like your honesty about the price of cards. I usually find really nice cards at the 99 Cent Store. I also make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie you and I are the same when it comes to cards. I am not into glittery cards but i do check the price of the cards, not that Im being calculative with paying but if i know the card is not being kept its pointless to pay that much money ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in! I love amethysts and pansies too.
    Cards can be very expensive but... I just can't resist the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey WT, welcome back! Thanks for the heads-up, it’s nice to seeing you blog here again!

    With May being my birth month, my jewel is “Emerald” and my flower is “lily-of-the-valley”.

    I admire that Edison quote as well - - very inspirational. As for a favourite quote of mine, I always enjoyed this humourous quote from the late, great George Carlin - - “don’t sweat the petty things, and don’t pet the sweaty things”!

    I’m not sure if Ontario has a particular motto, but the licence plate slogans have changed over the years. In my youth the Ontario slogan was “Keep It Beautiful”. Later it was changed to “Yours To Discover”, and now I understand they are changing them again, this time to “A Place To Grow”.

    I’m with you on the greeting cards, WT! Unless it’s some sort of special milestone, I generally go for the simple, cheap (and funny!) variety! 😊

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Susan: I love 99 cent cards! I wish I was talented enough to make my own.

    @Tima: Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! I've seen cards that were almost $6 and all I could think was I might as well give the person the money instead of spending it on a card that will get thrown out lol.

    @Ann: Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I do think glitter cards are beautiful, but with my luck I end up wearing most of it, or getting it in my eye.

    @Larry: Hey WT! So glad to see you here! Oh, how I miss George Carlin and his sardonic humor and wisdom. Can you imagine what would be coming out of his mouth if he were alive today? Somehow, I don't think he'd be a fan of Il Cheetolini lol. Thanks for sharing your answers with me!

    ReplyDelete