Jun 23, 2020

Tuesday 4: Summertime

Play along here.
  1. What activities did you enjoy as a kid in the summer? Playing on my swing set or in my sandbox. Riding my bike around the neighborhood. Swimming in my Aunt's pool. Playing miniature golf with my cousins and Grandpa. Chasing after the ice cream truck.
  2. Did you go on vacations? Where did you go? The only family vacations we took were to Six Flags amusement park and Cardinals baseball games in St. Louis. When my parents were married, we might have gone twice, maybe three times. After they were divorced, my mom couldn't afford to take us anywhere, but we didn't really mind. She always made sure we got our annual trip to the Heart of Illinois Fair. My brother and I were all about the rides, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and the free grandstand show.
  3. Do you have a favorite summer time dinner? Share it with us please? Barbecued chicken, fresh off the grill. My late uncle Jerald made THE best barbecued chicken! I attempt it every summer, but it just doesn't taste the same. 
  4. How often do you sit outside and enjoy an iced tea or coffee? Not enough. I'd like to do it more often, but the gnats and wasps are HORRIBLE.

1 comment:

  1. Bugs ruin everything! I wonder if foods our relatives made taste better just because they made it and the day was special. Always wondered about that.
    Love the tiny succulents!!

    ReplyDelete