Jun 20, 2020

Saturday 9: Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast

Play along here.

Saturday 9: Daddy, Don't You Walk So Fast
... because it's Father's Day weekend.

1. This song is about a little girl who runs after her daddy. When is the last time you ran? Were you trying to get somewhere in a hurry, or playing a sport? I don't run...I speed walk. The last time was two years ago at Disney World, trying to catch a bus to one of the parks. If I was in a horror film, I'd probably be the first to die😜
2. This song was a top ten hit for Wayne Newton. Mr. Newton is better known for his TV work, having made more than 150 appearances since 1963. Have you ever been on TV? Or in a YouTube video?  I've been on TV twice. The first time was in 2009 when one of our local stations did a morning segment on "cool schools" and I was filmed working with one of my students. The second time was in 2012 when I was briefly shown marching with my fellow union members, protesting proposed cuts to our health benefits.
3. The road leading to Las Vegas' McCarran Airport is named Wayne Newton Blvd. in his honor. When was the last time you were in an airport? Were you flying somewhere, picking someone up, or dropping them off? June 16, 2018. My mom and I were returning from our week long Disney trip. Ironically, today is the day we were scheduled to fly to Orlando-Sanford for our next WDW vacation. <sad face> Stupid COVID-19 (and broken leg).
4. Wayne says Elvis Presley haunts Las Vegas, and believes that the King of Rock and Roll has given him performing and parenting tips from beyond the grave. When did you last see Elvis? On TV, on a t-shirt, poster, or magazine cover, or as a ghostly apparition? None of the above. I last saw him on a Facebook post from one of my high school friends who is a huge Elvis fan.
5. When Sam walks with her day, the problem isn't that he walks fast. It's that he's always stopping to pick up litter he finds on the grass. Litterbugs are his pet peeve. What's your pet peeve? People chewing with their mouths open, rudeness, lateness, people snapping their gum, and whistling snot...just to name a few.
6. What's something you've done recently to economize? Cooking most of my meals and freezing the leftovers. 
7. It was her father who taught Sam how to drive. Are you a better student or teacher? Student. When I try to teach, the right words or explanations don't always come to me, plus my method of doing something will more than likely be all over the place and will probably not make sense to anyone else. I'm your typical Aquarius😁
8.  Do you have any car maintenance tips to share? Always check your tires before driving and keep on top of your oil changes.
9. Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. Do you usually enjoy a between meal snack? I try not to snack between meals, but if I do get hangry, I'll top some sugar free Jello with sugar free cool whip and eat that, or I'll have one of my WW mini bars.

10 comments:

  1. "Stupid Covid." You just gave us our motto for the year! Good for so many situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who were due to go to Disney in September but decided to cancel their reservations. They aren't fond of all the new safety measures and they were afraid they'd get down there and we'd end up in lockdown again. I'd love to go back again someday, but we lived in Orlando in the 80's and went a lot when people would come to visit. My husband had more than his fill of it then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friends were smart to cancel for September. Wearing face masks in that heat? People are going to be passing out and getting sick in droves. Hope Disney hired more medical staff.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your trip and the broken leg!! thats awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. Mom is making great strides with rehabbing her leg. She's using a Disney trip next summer as her motivation :)

      Delete
  4. My pet peeves ..People who seem to think its ok to build up their phlegm ..OH MY GOD i really wanna shoot them when they do that i swear if i could shoot i would shoot. Its damn disgusting and when a woman does that OI VEY !!!! Ahhh my other pet peeve is when someone tells you something and all of a sudden ask you not to tell anyone and yet you will hear it from the another person ..*rolls eye*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I want to bitch slap people who hock loogies. UGH! So disgusting, especially when the phlegm ends up on the sidewalk. Spit it in a napkin and throw it out.

      Delete
  5. Broken leg! Yikes! Not good. (And to answer your question below: yes, I've had lots of trouble concentrating.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved that I'm not alone with not being able to concentrate, but sorry it's affecting you too.

      Delete