Jul 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge #375

Play along here.

1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process? Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha! My family wants to get together to do an escape room, but no date has been set. We were going to do it back in April to celebrate my niece Madilyn's birthday, but of course that didn't happen. I'm hoping to meet up with my besties for lunch in the next week or so...I miss them terribly. And then there's my annual trip to the St. Louis IKEA/Trader Joe's with my friend Jen at the end of the month. I think we'll be okay as long as we wear our masks, wash our hands, and keep our distance from others. As for plans that were cancelled due to the current situation which shall remain nameless? The trip to Disney World. Yeah, I'm still bitter over that.
2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively? Literally: I look at the stars every night when I take my dog out for his last bathroom break before bed. Figuratively: A couple years ago when one of my blind students mistook me for a chew toy and bit into my upper left arm. 
3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberry pancakes, or blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure? Yay to all of the above except by the handful. 
4. swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate? The state of this country makes my head swim, my heart break, and my soul hurt.
5. Sum up your June in a single sentence. Bored and hungry.
6.  Insert your own random thought here.


2 comments:

  1. Best random thought ever! That is exactly what it feels like at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quote Sheldon Cooper, "It's funny because it's true!" :)

      Delete