Jul 19, 2020

Sunday Stealing

More questions from Facebook. You can play along here.

  1. What's your favorite movie from your childhood and why? My brother and I LOVED an obscure movie from 1980 called Midnight Madness. Planned by gamemaster Leon, the "great all-nighter" consists of five teams of college students who are given clues to solve, leading them to the next clue, hidden at iconic spots throughout Los Angeles. Why did we like it? It was fun watching the teams work out the clues, sabotage each other, and race all over LA to get to the finish line first. Of course, one team (led by Stephen Furst, "Flounder" from Animal House) tries to cheat and the results are hysterical. To this day, my brother and I will randomly text "FAGABEEFE" to each other for a laugh😆
  2. What is home to you? Anywhere my family, and my dog, are.
  3. Do you get emotionally invested in stories (I'm asking about movies, books, tv shows, whatever medium you like your stories in)? Not as often as I used to. I think the last time I got emotional over a story or character was when Glenn got his head smashed in by Negan on The Walking Dead.
  4. What is the most physical damage you ever received without needing medical intervention (so no stitches or splints or anything)? When I was 11, I took a line drive to the face while playing third base in a friends/family ball game. I got smacked in the nose so hard it knocked the wind right out of me. Not being able to catch my breath was what scared me the most. It seemed like forever before I could suck air down again and finally cry out. My poor nose bled for a couple of hours, and when I woke up the next day, it was horribly misshapen and I had two black eyes to boot.
  5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? YOU DANG WOODCHUCKS STOP CHUCKIN' MY WOOD! I love that Geico commercial.
  6. Do you have any obsessions? Like tv shows or cats or something? Not addictions. It sounds gross, but I'm obsessed with pus videos. One of my favorite shows is Dr. Pimple Popper. I'll even watch pus videos on YouTube before bed to relax. I love me some Dr. John Gilmore and Dr. Carlos Oller from DrERtv.
  7. What question or questions would you like God to answer? Why do bad things happen to good people? 
  8. Do you bite your nails? Not any more, thank God.
  9. What do you like about the place you live, I mean your housing, apt., mobile home, etc? Everything is on one level. It's in a quiet neighborhood. I live alone so I can decorate it any way I please.
  10. What do you like about the city or town where you live? To be honest, not much any more. Stores, restaurants, and businesses are closing down, and there's nothing fun to do here. About the only positive I can come up with is our crime level is low.
  11. Is there one place you have visited that you wish you could live there? Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I love the history and the stories of the paranormal activity there.
  12. What's your favorite cookie to snack on? Homemade snickerdoodles or my friend Susanne's carmelitas.
  13. Are you an Apple person or PC type person and why? I use both. I like to use my PC to blog.
  14. What's your favorite things about the Zoo? Big cats, monkeys, and giraffes.
  15. Did you grow up in the country, city, or small town and what did you like about it (or hate about it if you didn't like it)? The first seven years of my life were spent in a small town consisting of 200 people. I didn't like it because there weren't many kids around to play with, and the only businesses were a bank, post office, and hair salon. After my parents divorce, my mom moved us back to her hometown, which had a population around 32,000. I liked it better because there were more kids, a huge municipal park, a drive in movie theater, a roller skating rink, fast food restaurants, and a bustling mall. Every 70's and 80's kid's dream. My dad moved to the country after he re-married, and as much as I loved spending time with him, I hated going to his house every two weeks because there was nothing to do. I read a lot. 
  16. What kinds of things were you into and do when you were growing up? Typical kid stuff, such as riding my bike, swimming, playing in my sandbox, playing with dolls and Barbies, etc. I also loved music and would spend hours at my little art table, listening to the radio or my records while I colored or drew pictures in my tablet.
  17. Do you enjoy receiving letters or postcards more, and why? I can't even remember the last time I received either one. Do people even send postcards any more?
  18. Do or did you know any of your great-grandparents? Tell me about them. I was lucky that I grew up knowing, or having met, four of my great-grandparents. My paternal great-grandfather died when I was three, so the only thing I remember about him was that he had hooks in place of both arms (he had lost his arms up to his elbows in a horrible farming accident in the fall of 1950). My paternal great-grandmother was about 4 ft. 9 and made the world's best snickerdoodle cookies. She could also quilt like a dream. My maternal great-grandfather was ornery and had a German temper, but he loved everyone and they loved him. He always called me "Peanuts". My maternal great-grandmother emigrated from Austria as a child and was very soft spoken and gentle. She made sweet tea that was all sugar with a little water...lol. 
  19. Do you like to be outdoors? What is your favorite thing to do there? Not really. I don't mind being outdoors on a crisp autumn day, but I prefer to be inside.
  20. Have you ever broken a bone or been badly injured? *knocking wood* No, and no. I'm kind of nervous now because my 2 closest relatives- my mom and my brother- have both broken their legs in falls. My brother broke his right leg falling down icy stairs in January 2019, and my mom broke her left leg this April falling down the stairs into the garage. I'm trying my best to avoid becoming the third member of a family "broken leg" trilogy.

5 comments:

  1. #3 - Negan's antics were more shocking than emotional I thought but some people really liked Gelnn as a character.

    #6 - OH NO!!! Mrs PM likes that awful show too.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a postcard app on my phone--I love snapping pictures and sending them to my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to add you to my blogroll but I can't figure out how to. It says there's not blog feed? I don't know what that means...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever been to the Jenny Wade House in Gettysburg? It made a HUGE impression on me when I was a little girl and I'd love to go back, but to see if it still has the same impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do bad things happen to good people? - - great question, one I ponder myself quite often.....

    ReplyDelete