Jul 12, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Movie Challenge

Play along here.

1. Last movie you watched: Hustlers, starring Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu. I liked it more than I thought I would.
2. Last movie you watched in a theater: 1917
3. Film you've always wanted to watch, but haven't: Citizen Kane.
4. Favorite movie soundtrack: The Lost Boys.

5. Your favorite movie duo: Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. Loved them in The Odd Couple and Grumpy Old Men.

6. Movie you like because of its story: Victoria & Abdul.

7. A film that disappointed you: American Hustle. I still don't get the hype.
8. Favorite scene from a movie: The scene from Sense and Sensibility when Elinor Dashwood finds out that Edward Ferrars is not married to Lucy Steele.

9. Your guilty pleasure movie: White Chicks.

10. A movie you keep going back to: The Harry Potter series, especially Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. I don't understand why Chamber of Secrets gets so much hate.
11. A quote you admire from your favorite movie: "You win some, you lose some. But you live, you live to fight another day." (Friday)
12. A movie based on a true story: Radio. Seabiscuit.
13. Your favorite actor/actress: Keanu Reeves. Elijah Wood. Tom Hiddleston. Drew Barrymore. Rose Byrne. Cate Blanchett. Julianne Moore. Richard Armitage. Benedict Cumberbatch. Viola Davis. Eddie Murphy.
14. A sequel you're not a fan of: Grease 2. Just awful.
15. A film you know by heart: Friday
16. Your favorite opening scene: The Lion King.

17. A film that was based on a book and executed well: The Secret Life of Bees
18. A comedy film: The Nutty Professor (the one with Eddie Murphy). It doesn't matter how many times I see it, the dinner scene with the Klump family makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. "Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!"


19. TV series you're binging on now: Dead Still on Acorn TV. It's about a post mortem photographer in Victorian Ireland.

20. A TV series you think is underrated: Freaks and Geeks. It's a shame that it was never renewed after the first season. It captured perfectly what it was like to be a teen in the early 80s.

4 comments:

  1. I finally saw “Freaks and Geeks this year which I enjoyed a lot. Really good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw Freaks and Geeks this year. That had some great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear so many wonderful things about Acorn TV, and here's another! I have such a hard time keeping up with all the great content that's available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting. But, I’m crazy about Murtagh, too!

    ReplyDelete