Jul 5, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Play along here.
  1. Have you ever had a vacation ruined by the weather or did you just work around it? Ruined? No. Inconvenienced? Yes, especially on my many vacations to Florida. If you're vacationing in the panhandle state, you'd better be prepared for rain. Seems like it rains at least once a day there.
  2. What small changes do you feel people could make to give the planet a fighting chance against global warming? Elect politicians who take the threat of global warming seriously, and who are willing to listen to and act on advice from scientific experts. Recycle, recycle, recycle. Stop adding to the problem of overpopulation by limiting the number of children you bring into the world.
  3. Are you adversely affected by the weather, such as SAD? Unfortunately, yes. I suffer from depression and even though I treat it with medication, my blues and feelings of worthlessness are amplified during winter. Thank God for light therapy.
  4. How is the weather where you are and have you seen drastic changes in it during your lifetime? Can we say hotter than Satan's asshole?😆 Summer has always been hot here in central Illinois, but the one difference I can't help but notice? Lack of tornadic activity. Of course that's not a bad thing, but when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, it seems like we were under a tornado watch or warning at least once a week. On the opposite end of the seasonal spectrum, winter has changed the most. When I was a kid, it snowed from November to March/April, but now we may see one or two major snows in that same time span. Blizzards such as the ones we had in '78 and '79 are becoming the exception instead of the rule. I can't say I miss that.
  5. Do you think we can stop global warming? I think we're too far gone to stop it completely, but I do believe we could slow it down if more people trusted science.
  6. What could you do for an hour or so today that you would really enjoy doing? Taking a nap.
  7. What could you do for an hour today that might improve your life in the future? Walk on my treadmill, but will I get off my fat ass and actually do it? Doubtful.
  8. What could you do for an hour today that could strengthen or improve a skill you would like to be able to rely on? Play my Lumosity games and complete some crossword, crypto-quote, word jumble, and/or sudoku puzzles. Got to keep my brain sharp.
  9. What could you do for an hour today that would make your living space more pleasant to live in? Take a shower and wash my hair. I was working outside earlier today and I stink.
  10. What could you do for an hour today that would improve your relationships with loved ones? Just spend time with them. It's Sunday, so I'm sure we'll watch some trash tv, such as 90 Day Fiance on TLC.
  11. Do you like, dislike, or pay no attention to the wind? Wind on a hot, humid day is wonderful, but on a day when the weather is cold and below freezing? Major dislike.
  12. Do you have allergies or sinus made worse by the wind? My sinus issues are more affected by humidity instead of wind.
  13. Have you ever been caught in a big wind (not a hurricane or tornado)? I can't recall.
  14. When was the last time you flew a kite? Last spring with my students. I grew bored after 15 minutes.
  15. Would you like to have the power of flight? Sure, but I'd push that aside if I was offered the power of teleportation.

5 comments:

  1. You definitely have the best answer to #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with #2.

    We aren't too bad in the UK - we are making great strides. I just hope we continue along that road.

    This, despite the fact I don't like the UK Prime Minister.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3--sometimes I think that too much sunlight causes a flare up of my depression, too. Season changes (especially Daylight Saving) completely wreck me.

    ReplyDelete