Jun 14, 2011

Reason #239 Why I Love iTunes

Tell me if this has ever happened to you: was there a song from your childhood that you loved, but as time wore on, you forgot the title and/or the artist, and no matter how hard you tried to remember, you would come up blank?

The song I was looking for was from 1980 (when I was 11). I could remember a bit of the melody and bits and pieces of the bridge, but that was about it. For some strange reason, I had myself convinced that the artist was Todd Rundgren.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I was browsing the playlists of other iTunes users and came across one titled Choice Hits of 1980. I clicked on it and chose the "preview all" button. Guess what song was #26?


My 31 year search has come to an end. Eric Andrews, I owe you big time.

2 comments:

  1. I run into this type of musical dilemna all the time - - for a couple of songs I was trying to find or recall, I was quite pleased to see someone else finally put them up on Youtube!

    I've never before heard this song you've posted, but I must say it's not bad! Glad you were able to track it down.

    ReplyDelete