Jun 22, 2011

NKOTBSB

Some random notes from the concert..

* I had heard that the United Center was located in a bad section of downtown Chicago, a rumor that turned out to be 100% accurate. My sister, Sara, quickly locked all the car doors and warned us not to make eye contact with any one. During the 15 mile stretch through the mostly Mexican neighborhood, I noted that there were 3 hospitals. Pretty convenient for us in case were were shot at (we weren't, thank you baby Jesus).
* I couldn't believe the size of the United Center. Of course, I have seen it on television from my many years of watching Blackhawks and Bulls games, but I had no idea how enormous the building really was. Our seats were in Section 334, Row 6, which means we were about 20 rows from the top. I'm not scared of heights, but when I walked out and saw how high up we were, I'll admit I became a bit nervous.
* Before the doors were opened to the general public, Sara and I (and Sara's cousin-in-law Kim) hung out with some of the other fans at the fence surrounding the loading dock, where we watched the adorable Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys play baseball with his son. None of the other guys came out pre-show */sad face.
* AJ McLean of the Backstreet Boys still has the best voice in either group. He may look freaky with his tattoos and black nail polish, but that man can sing. Gave me goosebumps.
* I've been a fan of NKOTB for 22 years now, and I still want to climb Donnie Wahlberg like a tree :) When he ripped his t-shirt off during Cover Girl (I think it was that song), Sara and I wanted to throw ourselves off the third level and attack him (which is saying a lot for Sara because she's in love with Joe McIntyre). Papa's been working out. Wish I could've gotten a decent picture of his six pack and guns.
* I don't care that Jonathan Knight is gay; he's hot as hell. Still looks as uncomfortable as ever being on stage. Poor guy.
* I kinda feel sorry for Danny Wood and Howie Dorough. They (along with Jon) are the group members that the fans sort of forget are there.
* The cutest part of the evening was when the Backstreet Boys brought 4 fans on stage and serenaded them with "I'll Never Break Your Heart". Brian chose a little girl and the look she was giving him while he was singing to her was priceless. I wanted to smack the woman holding Nick Carter's hand. Apparently, I had a crush on him and didn't even know it until that very moment.
* The only thing that would've made the night perfect? This guy (my favorite BSB who isn't touring with the group).

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great details--makes me feel like I was there. :) Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine went when they were here a couple weeks ago and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete