Jul 1, 2011

Free Agent Frenzy?

More like free agent fizzle, at least for this fan of the St.Louis Blues. I wasn't really expecting any blockbuster signings (due to the team being for sale again) but c'mon! The only free agent the Blues signed was goaltender Brian Elliot? No offense to Elliot, but I thought we already had a solid back up goalie in Ty Conklin. And where does this leave Ben Bishop and Jake Allen?

I was hoping we could sign at least one forward or defensemen from the UFA pool, but it seems like the same four teams (Florida, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Columbus...I'm looking at you) have greedily snatched up all the desirables. Watching all these teams take steps to better themselves while your team does nothing but sit with their thumbs up their butt really bites.

At least TJ Oshie and Matt D'Agostini were re-signed. I can put away the torch and pitchfork and cancel the revolution. For now.

1 comment:

  1. It is a little disappointing that some teams, like your Blues and my Leafs, didn't do more to enhance their line-ups at the deadline. Let's hope some crafty trades can still be made.

    ReplyDelete