May 28, 2011

Really, People Magazine?


142 people are dead and more than 100 are still missing after the devastating tornado in Joplin, Missouri, yet they're relegated to the bottom corner on the cover of this weeks' issue so Kim Kardashian can flaunt her brand new 20.5 carat diamond engagement ring?

Tornado survivors have lost their loved ones and their homes, but hey, who cares about their misery? KIM'S ENGAGED! *sarcasm* That's all that matters. */sarcasm*

Poorly played, People. You couldn't push that engagement story back one week to put the spotlight on the "regular" people who really need our help?

3 comments:

  1. I still don't understand why she warrants so much attention anywhere. What has she done?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teena- I don't understand it either. Now magazines (at least here in the US) are treating the Teen Moms from MTV as if they're celebrities. I wish they'd (Kardashians and Hiltons included) all go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teena and yourself have taken the words right out of my mouth. Whenever I hear ANYTHING about these Kardashians I just have to roll my eyes. I mean, what do any of them actually DO to garner such attention from the press? It's beyond me. It's Paris Hilton redux.....

    In the meantime, God bless those poor people in Joplin.

    On a separate note, Happy memorial Day to you, WT! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete