Apr 28, 2011

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011: Semi-Final Predictions


Eastern Conference:
(1) Washington Capitals vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning: Washington in 7
(2) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (3) Boston Bruins: Philadelphia in 7

Additional note(s): Although I picked the Capitals to win, I hope I'm wrong. I fell in love with Martin St.Louis and the Bolts during their amazing Cup run back in 2004. I like Timmy Thomas and the Bruins too, but I'm a Philly girl at heart, so I'm going with the Flyers.

Western Conference:
(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (5) Nashville Predators: Vancouver in 7
(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings: Detroit in 6

Additional note(s): Out of all the remaining teams, Nashville has the best possible chance for an upset. I chose the Canucks, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pekka Rinne helps the Preds get past Greasy Lu and the Creepy Sedins. Go Sharks!

P.S. I went 7 for 8 in my Quarter-Final picks. Damn Dead Things.

6 comments:

  1. 7 for 8 - - nice job, WT! You did better than I did. And I agree with your picks for this next round. Should be some exciting games to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry- Wouldn't it be great if I was wrong about the San Jose-Detroit series? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, your wish is coming true, Julie!....go Sharks!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Julie, it's looking great for the Sharks now, eh? But what the heck has happened to the Caps and Flyers? I'm as surprised about these outcomes as you must be.....well, maybe not TOTALLY surprised about the Caps. Chokers extraordinaire....

    Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Martin St. Louis were to one day play for St. Louis? Just as I had always hoped Miroslav Satan would one day play for the Devils....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are awfully happy you were wrong on your Eastern Conf. picks. Tim-AYYY!

    ReplyDelete