Apr 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Recap

How was your Easter weekend? Did you save any Cadbury Mini Eggs for moi?

I had Good Friday off and was hoping that the weather would be decent so I could start the monumental task of searching the storage shed for my spring/summer clothes. Of course, it was cold and rainy all day, so there went that plan. After lounging around the house most of the day, my mom and I went to the local AMC theater and caught a matinee of Madea's Big Happy Family. Hands down, Big Happy Family is the best Madea movie to date. We laughed, we cried, we both enjoyed the crazy antics of Madea, Mr.Brown, and the eccentric, pot smoking Aunt Bam.

The weather cleared up Saturday, but instead of doing the things around the house that needed to be done, I went shopping. Bought capris and a couple of shirts at Kohls, and then stopped by Bath and Body Works to stock up on Wallflower refills. I ended the day at my best friend Kelly's house, where we helped Nathaniel dye eggs and then watched the delicious Ben Barnes in Dorian Gray.

I was invited to an Easter Sunday luncheon at my dad's house. My step-mom and sister went all out with the food: ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes, and (my absolute fave) homemade red velvet cake. The highlight of the day was watching my nieces and my step-cousin Leeann's three children participate in a chaotic Easter egg hunt. I forgot how much fun it is to watch little kids run around after ingesting shitloads of sugar.

I just wish that my brother and my two nephews could've spent the holiday with us. It costs my brother around $100 to fill up his truck, so he decided to stay home this year. Thanks a lot, greedy oil company bastages.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good Easter, WT. Glad to hear you enjoyed the movies and had a chance to see the young ones in action during the traditional egg hunt. And you can't go wrong with that feast! It's too bad about your brother and his children, though. Gas prices really are getting out of hand. Hopefully next year they'll be able to join the rest of the clan!

    ReplyDelete