Feb 13, 2012

Tengo Cuarenta Y Tres Años

Today is my birthday. I'm officially old.

I didn't have to work because of the Abraham Lincoln birthday holiday (happy 203rd, Mr. President!), so my best friend and her husband treated me to a matinee of The Woman In Black. Is it pathetic that the ancient toys in the film scared me more than The Woman herself? It's embarrassing to admit, but toy monkeys playing maracas and cymbals are a thousand times creepier than any ghost. Daniel Radcliffe did an excellent job as the young lawyer Arthur Kipps, but I have to admit there were times when all I could picture was him as Harry Potter. I heard an older woman in our row say to her friend, "I just can't get used to seeing Harry Potter drink alcohol!", so at least I'm not the only one.

Other than the movie, I have no additional plans for the day. It's cold and snowing right now, so perhaps I'll have a little nap. Naps are good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you generally enjoyed the movie, WT: it sounds like it was worth the price of admission. I must agree that those ancient toys can be a bit on the creepy side. It will probably take Radcliffe a few more outings to shake his Potter persona. So long as the public is patient with him and gives him a chance. As for the movie itself, I still need to see it. Would you suggest I see it in the theatre or just wait for the DVD?

    Happy birthday again, Jules!

    ReplyDelete