Feb 29, 2012

Shake That Tambourine For All Eternity

You once thought of me as a white knight on a steed,
Now you know how happy I can be.


Many of my happiest childhood memories revolve around the Monkees, their music, and their wonderfully campy tv show, so I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Davy Jones earlier today. I'll admit that he wasn't my favorite Monkee ( I was more of a Peter/Mike girl), but I couldn't help but adore him for his musical talent, his adorable British accent, and that impish gleam in his eyes.

Rest in peace, you beautiful Daydream Believer.

3 comments:

  1. I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news. I too adored the Monkees while growing up - - both their music and their TV show - - and I still put them up there among my favourite British Invasion bands (I know, they were primarily an American quasi-band, but they fit the mould). Davy Jones will truly be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such sad news. I don't know how they're remembering him in your neck of the woods, but around here everyone is playing the clip from when he was on The Brady Bunch. I find this odd since he, you know, had a TV show of his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, he was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete