Feb 6, 2012

At The Movies: One For The Money


This past Friday evening, I went to see One For The Money with my friends/ co-workers Kelly, Marie, Nancy, and Jen. We're all huge fans of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, so we were anxiously anticipating the big screen adaptation of the first book in the series.

Some random observations:
  1. When this movie was first cast, I had a hard time picturing the blonde, elegant Katherine Heigl as the accident prone, half-Italian/half-Hungarian Stephanie Plum, but the New Jersey accent and the brown hair dye helped make her transformation into the novice bounty hunter more believable.
  2. Sherri Shepard was okay as the larger than life ex-ho Lula, but I still think comedienne Loni Love would have been a better choice.
  3. Why was an Irish actor cast as Italian cop Joe Morelli? Don't get me wrong, Jason O'Mara is a nice enough looking man, but he looks about as Italian as I do.
  4. Ranger is supposed to be the strong, silent type, so why does he have so much dialogue?
Our mutual casting complaints aside, my friends and I enjoyed the movie, which pretty much followed the book. We hope Two For The Dough is in the works!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but hearing that you enjoyed it makes me a whole lot more likely to. When I first saw the casting I wondered whether the movie people had ever read the books and I was afraid it might suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it a couple weeks ago and thought it was so-so. I didn't think Ranger was as smoking hot as he is in the book. I melt when he says, "Babe" :)

    ReplyDelete