Sep 9, 2011

O Captain, My Captain


Backes Named 20th St.Louis Blues Captain

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong along with Head Coach Davis Payne announced Friday the club has named David Backes the 20th captain in franchise history.

In addition, the club named Barret Jackman, Jamie Langenbrunner, Andy McDonald and Alex Steen assistant captains.

Backes, 27, joins a Blues captaincy club that includes several National Hockey League (NHL) Hall of Fame inductees such as Wayne Gretzky, Brett Hull, Bernie Federko, Al MacInnis and Scott Stevens.

When I checked the website this morning at 10 and saw that David had been chosen for this esteemed leadership position, I let out a "Woo hoo!", did a happy dance, and then raced down the hall to share the news with my best friend Kelly (who loves Backes so much she owns a personalized #42 jersey). The student teacher in my class probably thinks I'm a weirdo, but I don't care :)

1 comment:

  1. I think Backes is an excellent choice to be captain. He certainly has the leadership qualities. Go Blues!

    ReplyDelete