Sep 17, 2011

Joyeux Anniversaire!

My lovely mother celebrated her 65th birthday on September 11th. I meant to post something about it on the actual date, but we were busy her entire birthday weekend because of our hometown's annual Marigold Festival. We attended the parade Saturday morning (my goddaughter Elizabeth performed with the junior high marching band) and spent most of the afternoon browsing the arts&crafts booths at Art In The Park. My brother and nephews came up later that night and stayed with us until Sunday afternoon. We all went out for lunch at Steak N Shake, and then came back home to enjoy some of Mom's Chicago Bears birthday cake. By the way, thank you Bears for giving my mom a win on her special day!

My kid sister, Sara, turns 31 today. 31. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that. I can still remember how excited I was to get the phone call from my dad the morning she was born. Now she's a 5th grade teacher and the mother of two little girls. Time sure does fly.

Much love to two of my favorite Virgo ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone had an awesome weekend. I hope Elizabeth had fun in the parade. And that Bears cake looks delicious! Happy belated birthday wishes to both your Mom and to Sara!

    ReplyDelete