Aug 15, 2020

Saturday 9: Who Are You?

Saturday 9: Who Are You? (1977)

Play along here.
  1. This song, originally recorded by The Who, was the theme of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which ran from 2000 to 2015. Did you watch it? Were you a fan? No, I can't say that I've ever watched it.
  2. When the show premiered, Gil Grissom (William Petersen) was the CSI team's supervisor. Gil's mother was deaf, and so he was fluent in American Sign Language. Can you communicate using ASL? Somewhat. I'm a Special Education teaching assistant and have had numerous students over my 20 year teaching career who've used sign language to communicate. I'm not fluent by any means, but I know enough to convey what I want or need. My ASL vocabulary probably consists of a hundred words or so.
  3. His assistant is blood splatter analyst Catherine Willows (Marg Helenberger). Catherine's family moved often, which made it hard for her to get traction in her studies. She finally just dropped out of high school. She later got her GED and even graduated from college. Have you ever considered going back to school? All the time, but I'm stymied by issues such as cost, what to study, and my age. I know people older than me go back to school all the time and graduate with no problem, but I'm so freaking tired all the time. As for not knowing what to study, I was a history major originally, but would I want to waste time and money to complete a degree that will more than likely amount to jack squat? 
  4. Though set in Las Vegas, most of CSI was filmed in Santa Clarita, CA. Santa Clarita is also home to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Do you enjoy roller coasters? It depends on the coaster. I like tame coasters, such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Expedition Everest, and The Seven Dwarves Mine Train at WDW. I don't like the dark coasters like Space Mountain and Rock 'N Roller Coaster. My enjoyment rests on my ability to see the track and what's coming.
  5. The vocalist on the CSI theme, Roger Daltrey of The Who, made a cameo appearance on the show during Season 7. Do you have a favorite Who song? Substitute. Baba O'Reilly. Who Are You? I Can't Explain. Athena. Going Mobile. See Me, Feel Me. You Better You Bet. The Who is one of my all time favorite groups!
  6. CSI became a franchise, followed by CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. If we could organize a Saturday 9 field trip, which of these cities would you prefer we visit: Las Vegas, Miami, or New York? New York, since I've never been there and have always wanted to go. I've been to Vegas and wasn't impressed. Miami holds no interest for me.
  7. In 2000, the last original Peanuts was published. How many Peanuts characters can you name? Let's see, there's Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, Sally, Lucy, Linus, Rerun, Frida, Pigpen, Franklin, Schroeder, Marcy, Peppermint Patty, Spike, Violet, The Redheaded Girl...so 16.
  8. Also in 2000, media giant Time Warner merged with America Online, the email provider. It's estimated that 74% of us check our email at least once/day. Are you one of the 74%? Guilty as charged.
  9. Random question- Did you more recently cut and paste, or delete? Delete.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the Peanuts question! I could remember the characters but not their names. Not knowing what to study that makes sense is my problem. I'd love to get a Ph.D. but . . . in what? I majored in English. Who does that anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Who as well - - definitely amongst my "big 3" bands with the Beatles and the Stones. I think my favourite of theirs is "I Can See For Miles", which they used as the theme song for one of the later CSI incarnations. I watched CSI episodes on occasion and they were entertaining enough, though I was never an avid watcher of them....

    ReplyDelete